[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - lightweight, flexible, WATERPROOF trail shoes

lightweight, flexible, WATERPROOF trail shoes

Description here!

lightweight, flexible, WATERPROOF trail shoes

Postby ilikethetrails » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:34 am

I agree with the dayhiker.com footwear "philosophy" of wearing small, likeweight shoes. I've tried on hiking boots and I've hated them. It feels like I have wooden planks strapped to my feet. I actually do already have some small hiking shoes and I love them but now, though, it's wet outside and I don't want to end up with wet, soggy socks.

What LIGHTWEIGHT, FLEXIBLE shoes are available that are also WATERPROOF? Especially something that might be ankle-high so as to give me yet more covering from the wet (as in when I brush past plants on an overgrown trail, etc.)

In terms of height, I would like something like this:

And in terms lightweight/flexible, etc., I would like something like this:

Can some middle ground be had?

Or, are any of you wearnig some low-cut waterproof shoe and compensating for the absence of ankle covering by wearing some waterproof gaiters?

Oh yeah, about what I'm going to use the shoes for- just trail walking. That's it.

Thanks.
ilikethetrails

Postby xaxinojo » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:32 am

vasque borneo might be what you are looking for
xaxinojo

Postby cahikes » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:42 am

i've been wearing a pair of vasque midheight talus approach shoes for the last 8 months. they come in a goretex lined version that you can get from sierra trading post for around $79.00. The pair I have now, non-goretex lined, are relatively water tight (gussetted tongue), have good support and comes with five ten stealth rubber soles (great grip in both wet and dry conditions). I recommend wearing a short gator to keep water and rocks out. The shoe is fairly versatile as they work well as trail shoes and as approach shoe through boulder and talus fields. The shoe is also light enough to trail run in as well. Someone with weak ankles may think the support is lacking, however, for a shoe that is going to see mainly trails, I think this a shoe works quite well and for $59 for the non-goretex shoe of $79 for the goretex version quite a bargin.
cahikes

Postby brunopatrick » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:04 am

Salomon Pro Amphibians are great for hiking in wet swampy areas, as well as on stream boulders, etc... Materials don't absorb water and drain well.
brunopatrick

Return to Hiking Tips