[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - Camelbak water bladder

Camelbak water bladder

Description here!

Camelbak water bladder

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:59 am

Does anyone know of a method for eliminating or reducing the rubber taste from the Camelbak water bladder?
Andy

Postby cahikes » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:08 am

i own a camelback unit and i don't know of any means of removing the rubber taste. i just don't notice it after a while. you may want to try a platypus bladder as these bladders are polyethylene lined and do not have the rubber taste.
cahikes

Postby cahikes » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:11 am

here's a link to the platypus website:
cahikes

Postby New Camelbak » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:22 am

I found this reply on the camelbak website. It seems a lime juice soak overnight will take care of the problem. The bad taste comes from the tube.

Sorry to learn of your unpleasant experiences with your new CamelBak. The taste you are getting is from the tubing, not the reservoir itself. I have a couple of tricks for you to try to alleviate that nasty taste.

Step 1- Try soaking the interior of your reservoir in a sugar/water solution. Use 1/2 cup sugar to a full reservoir of water. Make sure to release the bite valve & get this solution into the tubing. Let this soak overnight. In the morning, let all the solution drain out via the hose & bite valve. Rinse very well with warm water and take a taste test. If you still notice any rubbery/plastic taste, proceed to Step II.

Step 11- Use a limejuice & water soak. Use 3-5 tablespoons of concentrated limejuice to a full reservoir of water. Again, make sure this gets into the tubing, and let soak over night. Let the soak drain thru tubing, rinse well with warm water & have a taste test.

If both these methods fail, please give me a call at 800 767 8125 x 234 to discuss further options.

Regards,
Consumer Service Representative

September 22, 2001

CamelBak Products, Inc.
1310 Redwood Way. Ste. 200
Petaluma. CA 94954
Attn: Consumer Service Representative
New Camelbak

Postby New Camelbak » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:28 am

Here is the website that explains the post above. I just tried some lemon juice. A couple of tablespoons and it seems to have got rid of the bad taste. I'm going to let it set all night and see if that is a permanent fix.
New Camelbak

Postby hejish » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:31 pm

I would like to know if you can pour from a camelbak (to share) instead of sucking on the tube.
hejish

Postby MaeD » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:30 am

Try using juice form a fresh lemon. I ve used it when eliminating odours from plastics before.
MaeD

Re: Camelbak water bladder

Postby bobmorton » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.
bobmorton

Return to Hiking Tips