[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - Grand Canyon Triple Rim

Grand Canyon Triple Rim

Grand Canyon Triple Rim

Postby mich01 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:10 am

June 3, 2004 I did the Rim to Rim to Rim hike. It was really tough, and if anyone wants to try it, make sure you take Succeed Caps, they are sodium/potassium, and a life saver on the long, hot trail. I hiked S. Kaibab to the N. Rim, and then back to S. Kaibab, as I don't like the Bright Angel trail, too many people and not great views. I love the S. Kaibab trail, shorter, but steeper, no shade and no water, but GREAT views. It took me 26hrs. to do the triple rim, I wanted to break 24 hrs, but I guess I'm getting old. It was awesome as hiking all night, I got to see 2 sunrises as I started at 0400, and finished the next day at 0610. The solitude and the quiet of hiking and being alone was inspiring. Good luck to any who attempt the Rim to Rim to Rim!!!!
mich01

Return to Favorite Hikes