[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - help me choose

help me choose

help me choose

Postby evan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:29 am

if you had one day, as i do soon............
would you do grand canyon rim to rim or mount whitney?
evan

r2r or whitney

Postby cahikes » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 am

day hikes on whitney require a permit. i don't know how easy it is to get one, they probably have a number available for walk ups, it may require you to sleep by the kiosk the night before. r2r as a day hike doesn't. you just need to make sure you have lodging settled for the day before and the day you hike and have your shuttle situation taken care (private or the park shuttle).
cahikes

Postby Van-Go » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:12 am

I've done the rim-to-rim (2005) albeit I did it on a 2 day hike. It is beautiful and water on the North rim hike is plentiful. Trans Canyon shuttle brought me around and were very helpful. If I can provide any information or if you want ot see picture of my hike across (with full gear) let me know.

I rode on the shuttle with a group of 5 gals who dayhiked it in one day and said it was great. I drove a guy to the trailhead from the North Rim lodge who had run across it the day before and was going back that day. Two rim-to-rim's in as many days - that was impressive.

Good luck. Can't help you with Whitney - haven't gotten there yet.
Van-Go

Re: help me choose

Postby Dragon86 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 am

mount whitney! :)
Dragon86

Postby zorba » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 pm

I will go with mount whitney too , for me it doesn`t even compare :)
zorba

Postby Day Hiker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 am

I agree with the Mt Whitney choice if you could pick only on one. And it's confirmed with the vote of my feet: Mt Whitney 9 times, Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim 1 time.
Day Hiker

Return to Favorite Hikes