[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - Board is a little slow

Board is a little slow

Board is a little slow

Postby Van-Go » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:09 am

Hello:

Recently joined and first post. I normally am a 4 day hiker having just finished the Teton Crest Trail. Normally post in Backpacker.com forums but have always enjoyed dayhiking when I can get away with it. My longest dayhike was the Paintbrush/Cascade Canyon loop mentioned on this site.

I have been watching here but have been disappointed at how very little action happens here. Hopefully that will increase. I guess it is always this slow? When I get a chance I'll post some of my favorite day hikes though I'll submit that several of them are already here.

Have enjoyed reading the posts here thus far and hope I can contribute something useful here.

I'm in Wilmington, NC, but hike all over the place.

Van-Go
Van-Go

Postby bigbeef2604 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:24 am

I agree, it's a bit slow. I think the reasons for that are that this forum caters to a very specific demographic and that the forum isn't well known. I remember being disapointed that it took 2 weeks to get a response to one of my posts, but now I understand.
Please help get this forum moving by posting frequently or telling other people about the site.
bigbeef2604

Postby Van-Go » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:47 pm

"beef..."

That makes sense and I think you're right. I have submitted this to several people I know and hopefully they will begin posts. Swamped right now but when I get a second I hope to post some hikes I've done, ones I want to do, and ones I could have done in a day but took my time (both b/c I wasn't sure I could complete them and b/c I thought I was supposed to camp overnight to complete them - oh, the naivity)..... :?
Van-Go

Postby DayHiker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks for the interest in getting folks to post their favorite long day hikes on this forum. I need to do my part and write some current articles ... I've had this site up for many years and it gets lots of traffic.
DayHiker

Postby Van-Go » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 am

Dayhiker:

Love the site and idea. Perhaps things will pick up. Wanted to ask...None of the links on the "Hiking Tips" page seem to work for me regardless of what computer I'm using. Are these just down, being constructed, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong????

Thanks,

Erik
Van-Go

Return to Favorite Hikes