Extreme day hiking in British Columbia

Forum 3 Description.

Extreme day hiking in British Columbia

Postby Jordan » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:43 am

Hi guys,

My name is Jordan Shaw, and I live in Ucluelet, BC Canada, On the West coast of Vancouver Island. Lately my friends and I have had the idea of doing the entire stretch of our chunk of west coast, between Ucluelet and Tofino, in one 24 hour stretch. It is possible, but only technically. We are interested to see if there are any 3 to 4 person groups who would like to attempt this. at my best guess it's probably somewhere between 50 and 70 kilometers of rough untrailed beach and rock coastal terrain. I've done the entire thing before, but over a series of weekends. At closest guess it's about 22 hours of strenouous hiking. obviously not for the weak of heart! Image If we have enough teams that are interested, I'll look at turning this into an event. We're still in the early planning stages, so any interest would be appreciated!
Jordan Shaw
atomic16cca@hotmail.com
Jordan

Postby mills » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:37 pm

hey, im not interested in that paticular walk but i am wondering if i could get sum info off of u. MY unlce lives in Ladysmith and we are going there this Summer to visit. My family and I are keen hikers but my Mum wishes to stay in a hotel. She did find a 3 day walk which stayed in hotels. Do you know of this walk.
I would appreciate this help since my Mum cant find this website now.
reply via this forum or contact me on hotmail
calummills705@hotmail.com
thanks
Calum
mills

Return to Suggestions