[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - camelbak products

camelbak products

Forum 3 Description.

camelbak products

Postby sarahsmile » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:22 am

I am interested in getting a camelbak and I have searched the product lines to try to find the best one for me. I am torn because I am interested in hiking, walking, running and mountain biking and I'm not sure which would be the most versatile. If any body runs, in your opinion would an over the shoulder pack be cumbersome while running? I was looking at the Alterra as a waist pack to use while running, but I don't know if it would work with my other activities. I was looking at the Pixie or the Dream to use for hiking/walking and cycling, but I don't know if those would do well with running. Any ideas/personal experiences?
sarahsmile

Postby glowingrock » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:08 pm

I really like my H.A.W.G. It holds 100oz. of water and has enough space for dayhiking items. It is comfortable and lightweight. It has some nice outside mesh pouches for Clif bars and power gels. However, if you don't want a pack with capacity to carry a few things (1st aid kit, rain jacket, etc.) and just want something for water, it may not be the right pack for you.
glowingrock

Postby blowfish » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:03 am

the blowfish model might be good choice. It has an expandable section that can carry rain gear and light base layer, a small pocket and a outsided netted pocket. When the expandable section is collapsed, its realtively compact. Strapped down, it would probably be work for trail running as well.
I've seen this model on sale at Performance Bike for under $50.00 and have seen the Hawg on sale for as little as $59.00 (close outs or early season sales)
blowfish

Postby blowfish » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:23 am

the blowfish is on sale now.
good deal. They even have the hawg on sale as well.
blowfish

Return to Suggestions