[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DayHiker.com • View topic - naked hiking

naked hiking

Forum 3 Description.

naked hiking

Postby max hartshorne » Wed May 18, 2005 12:52 am

see this blog entry about naked hiking at DeAnza Springs resort in Jacumba ca.
max hartshorne

Postby mike » Thu May 19, 2005 6:38 am

I did not read this blog yet, but I have a few caveats. First, with the ozone layer gone to nothing, you cannot expose all you want these days due to the chances of getting skin cancer. The next problem is that if you are hiking in popular areas this would not be acceptable to others. Another problem is the fact that clothing is also used as protection from thorns, insects, sun again and the fact that bare skin rubbing together can cause some great chafing and a wondeerful burning red rash. I hope this rational discussion has helped. If I am wrong, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. A bad sunburn and esposure in places that do not usually get sun is no fun!
mike

Postby Perv » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:23 am

Got pics?
Perv

Postby Naked Hiker » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:58 am

I got pics!!! Do you have pics?

Most of what the previous poster said are false. Generally you do not get sunburned if your hiking in the woods and if your on a sunny trail it's always a good idea to put on pleanty of sunscreen on any exposed skin, none of my parts get any more chafed when hiking naked, I've met many people on the trail and very few (one) of them have had a problem with me hiking naked. There are those in our society that are very closed minded and love to control what others do. The last time I checked we live in a free countryand and as the declaration of independence states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." I may add that we are created naked by our creator.
Naked Hiker

Postby Naked in Virginia » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:34 pm

I've been on two naked hikes and found them to be very liberating. Of the 50 to 60 people that saw us only one gentalman had a problem with what we were doing and many others congradulated us and said they wish they had the guts to be out hiking in the buff.
Naked in Virginia

Postby richinud » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:20 pm

Most people I meet while naked hiking appear to be quite ok with it. I think it is important to greet them positively though.

Rich.

richinud

naked hiking

Postby Rick M » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:25 pm

I only did it if out in the middle of nowhere. Did get a bad burn once on a snow climb.
Rick M

Return to Suggestions